News & Analysis
Fake Meme of Food Scarcity Is Deadly Serious
Arranging a US Famine ... At a time when the US government talks of food shortages yet is doing nothing to ensure food for its people but is doing numbers of things that seriously increase the threat and leave people more helpless, it is relevant to look at again at the famine in Ireland in the 19th century, considered "one of the darkest chapters in world history." This matters because the famine appears now to have been caused intentionally ... "In this grand, sweeping narrative, Ireland's best-known historian, Tim Pat Coogan, gives a fresh and comprehensive account of one of the darkest chapters in world history, arguing that Britain was in large part responsible for the extent of the national tragedy, and in fact engineered the food shortage in one of the earliest cases of ethnic cleansing. So strong was anti-Irish sentiment in the mainland that the English parliament referred to the famine as "God's lesson." – Food Freedom News
Dominant Social Theme: Food scarcity is a growing problem that the UN must tackle.
Free-Market Analysis: There are plenty of sub-dominant themes growing out of this main one of food scarcity. In fact, it is such a deep meme that one could compare it to a bush with many branches.
A lot of these sub-dominant social themes could be classified as dominant themes themselves. In fact, the scarcity themes that the elites use to frighten people into giving up power and wealth to globalist solutions are the building blocks of human life: food, water, air and energy.
It is no coincidence perhaps that the water scarcity meme is in full cry. Global warming fosters energy scarcity but has the added advantage of making people afraid of the air itself. Chemtrails provide us with another theme, or perhaps a sub-theme.
What is most dangerous to the larger body politic of millions and billions is that scarcity memes are more than a method of control. They are a method of culling, as well.
The sociopaths who run the world via central banking have a long history of contempt apparently for those whom they consider to be their charges. The elites use another dominant social theme as well for control – the ultimate one of life and death.
If one accepts finally that most if not all modern wars are created for purposes of further globalist manipulation, then one comes face to face with the heart of the matter: The power elite trades in life and death and is not at all afraid to add to the total. Apparently they welcome the opportunity.
Does this sound overly conspiratorial, dear reader, or even plain loony? Sounding crazy within the context of the mainstream media does not necessarily invalidate one's point of view. Here's more from Food Freedom News (excerpted above):
The Famine Plot: England's Role in Ireland's Greatest Tragedy has provided a useful overview of how food, when controlled, has been used to harm, and one can see numerous actions by the US government that are worrisome. Common sense and wisdom suggest that people and local communities must control their own food.
The list of things that the [US} government has done or has put in place that would only exacerbate or even cause food shortages are many and they run side by side with policies that prevent ordinary people and especially the poor from growing their own food.
Alexandria, Virginia [for instance] ... quietly removed home gardens from the poor in public housing, while loudly touting access to fresh local food it had itself ended, as well as promoting community gardens, which the city controls, and in what turns out to be extremely limited number and limited space to grow food, and charges a fee. This sleight of hand has occurred across the US. Cities proudly proclaim community gardens but behind the scenes, they have removed the poor's access to growing food on the land they live on, including simply growing food in pots.
Scarcity memes often seem silly on the surface. But what we call the Internet Reformation has given us the ability to comprehend how these memes are rolled out.
The power elite proclaims scarcity dominant and sub-dominant social themes for purposes of control and globalization. But when these memes are met with resistance, the top elites lever into place conditions that create a self-fulfilling prophecy.
The second part of the 20th century was relatively benign from the point of view of what we call "directed history." That is, memes were propagated without a great deal of overt coercion, from what we can tell.
But in the 21st century, elite manipulations have re-emerged, obviously and powerfully as a way of challenging, apparently, the debunkery of the Internet. What this means, bluntly, is that the themes the elites proclaim via their control of the mainstream media are being reinforced by a manipulated reality.
We already have pointed this out in such cases as "climate change" and "peak oil." Peak OIl is an especially obvious manipulation of scarcity themes. It has emerged fairly recently (maybe because they cannot hide it anymore) that there is literally a thousand years' worth of oil and gas in the Lower 48. And that's just what has been identified.
Oil is also likely abiotic, produced by geological forces. "Empty" wells keep filling back up. Another way of manipulating oil and its price is to make war. The Bush administration with its many oilmen invaded Iraq and made many oil speculators wealthy indeed.
Of course, one can freeze in the dark – depending on where one is. But food-as-a-scarce-commodity is a good deal more dangerous for large swaths of people. As the power elite has apparently targeted the US for destruction as part of its larger effort at creating egalitarian world government, all sorts of actions are being taken apparently to reduce the food supply.
We try not to reproduce too much of any given article but in this case, we'll make an exception. Much of the article referenced above is given up to a recitation of fedgov and state and local actions that make growing and storing food more difficult. While we cannot vouch for the accuracy of each statement – and some may be exaggerated – the overall pattern seems clear and corresponds to what we've observed ... that the US government is making it more difficult for people to be prepared and to be self-sufficient. Here's a bullet-point list:
Using recent corporate "food safety" laws as the weapon to curtail people's producing or sharing or selling food themselves, laws have been put into place and police actions have been occurring that expose a pattern of ...
- Cities are passing "food safety" ordinances making it a crime for people to give food to the homeless.
- Cities and states are using armed agencies to attack local food producers, having turned misdemeanors around such minor infractions as certification, into felonies and even conspiracies to sell fresh food. Worse, people are being accused of breaking laws that are not even in existence.
- The FDA is attacking organic farms and food producers, especially around access to raw milk, even as the CDC puts out false information on it that is at odds with the CDC's own data which show it to be as much as 35,000 times safer than other foods. It is the only real milk in the country.
- The USDA has shut down most small local meat processors across the country – despite no history of contamination – and left the biggest corporate processors in place, despite an on-going history of illnesses and deaths from contamination. In shutting down local processors, the government has cut local communities off from control over local food, and left them at the whim of the big processors to deliver meat at all.
- Having gotten rid of the small operations, the multinationals have just demonstrated why they put "food safety" laws into place. The food safety agency in Canada (with USDA's help) just brought a major slaughtering operation to destruction in only a few days and with no means provided for the company to correct any alleged problem – setting it up for easy picking by the multinationals.
- The food safety division of the FDA has been directly asserting in court that people have no right to choose their own food, or to contract with each other, and even no right to their own health.
- Corporate lawyers have gotten food redefined as "stuff" knowing that GMOs do not fulfill the definition of food. The basic of nutritional aspect of food is entirely missing as is its capacity to heal, and support fertility.
- The EPA is one step closer to approving Dow's Agent Orange pesticide , and thus opens up the possibility of the FDA declaring an infestation or contamination on organic farms and ordering aerial spraying with this new Agent Orange "pesticide," thus wiping out normal agriculture in the US and truly killing the soil, animals, insects and ultimately, people.
- This scenario is folded into the food safety law, designed by Monsanto's VP Michael Taylor who is now running the FDA's food safety division using that law, putting Monsanto in charge of all farms in the US. Given that the DHS has declared organic crops bio-threats, and the USDA has listed earthworms – the indication of a healthy ecosystem – as an invasive species, the door is open to the FDA ordering the spraying of Agent Orange pesticide on private local organic farms and even gardens.
- The food safety law allows for the shut down of food into cities if contamination is declared, without it having to be proven, and as though absolute starvation were preferable to contaminated food. These provisions codify how the government behaved in New Orleans after Katrina, shutting off delivery of food and water (even donated by citizens), and preventing people from leaving the area, and gunning down unarmed people who broke into stores to obtain food.
- The government is moving ahead rapidly with GMO approvals despite emergency warnings from agricultural experts that farm animals are going sterile and agriculture itself could collapse here.
- In Michigan, the Department of Natural Resources, leaving all logic – except the profit of industrial agriculture – behind, has declared small farmers' heritage pigs, which are raised behind fences, and raised on pasture, "feral" and "invasive" and has ordered they all be destroyed and farmers raising them, declared felons.
- This is bringing home to the US a similar US agribusiness attack on pigs that occurred in Haiti to force US hogs that require huge expensive inputs of USDA commodities on the country. The US used the threat of swine flu to destroy the special breed of Haitian pigs, leaving Haitians without the food and income the non-demanding little pigs provided.
- In the UK and Korea and across, US agribusiness has profited from fear of foot and mouth disease (harmless to people) arranging for military to slaughter millions of farmers' animals. In Asia, the hoax of avian flu was used. In both cases, the slaughters left countries dependent on imports by the giant multinationals, and much less food secure. Local sources were wiped out and then laws put in place putting in place a financial bar to raising animals. Biodiversity is wiped out and it is biodiversity that provides a food system its resilience and security.
- Recent Presidential orders include the seizure of all farms, all livestock, all farm equipment and all food. How such removal of food production from the American people is protective of them or the country is unclear.
Conclusion: The above list makes grim reading. First, they loudly proclaim a crisis and then they do their damnedest to create it.
Posted by Seen on 11/05/12 03:51 PM
Reply from The Daily Bell
"OK, Seen, you're right ... It's all just a "coincidence.""
I surmise that this is in response to my ripping apart Abiotic Oil Hypothesis. Very well...
1). Abiotic Oil Hypothesis is derived under a rather blantant falsehoods.
It ignores up to 70% of the ocean floor is made up of deceased plankton that is pulled under the continental plate at convergent plate boundaries in the oceanic crust along with ocean water in the process known as subduction.
This renders the Abiotic a glaring falsehood that was evidently meant to be used to slam Peak Oil antagonists over the head with:
A). Abiotic Oil Hypothesis dually creates a measurement of the audiences scientific literacy and comprehension. Or in short, how susceptible the audience is to scientific falsehoods and misdirection.
B). It granted Peak Oil protaganists a sludge hammer to knock over Peak Oil antagonists over the head with. Because Oil remains derived by carbon organisms, Abiotic Oil Hypothesis will merely remain a hypothesis.
The Daily Bell asks 'coincidence'? Hardly, this follows an even more subtle social meme or more accurately social mechanism designed to garner support for a pre-consensus determined solution.
Most people are susceptible to the distinction between hypothesis and theory largely because in physical sciences theory is the superior to hypothesis, but human sciences hypothesis is superior to theory. This dually confuses people's scientific comprehension and literacy making the audience more susceptible to believing scientific falsehoods. Why confuse hypothesis and theory with the audience? The answer is quite simple:
a). Peak Oil
b). Man-made climate change
c). Sustainable Population/Optimal Sustainable Population
These arguments above are rooted and argued through scientific law. Scientific law contends with very precise and very specific circumstances to be true and otherwise known as simple systems.
a). 'We're extracting too much oil faster; than, it can be produced'
b). 'We're emitting more CO2; than, our finite and simple system can handle'.
c). 'We're producing too many people; than, our finite planet can handle'
'Our actions are leading to chaotic times and hard decisions; we need to sacrifice for the greater good and greater security'.
The flaw is evident. Scientific Law does these:
A). Creates a measurable foundation that is vocal to finding the isolated/simple systems.
B). Simple Systems creates and enables the practicality and ability to tinker with those systems (what central vocal argument does those arguments/memes possess? Each attempts to simplify and attempts to potray and argue based on simple systems that enable tinkering and manipulation).
C). Through practical sciences, scientists of various strips attempt to 'tinker' with those systems to enable either technological development of invention and innovation or otherwise human directed direction: Physics, Chemistry, and etc were considered 'Tinkerers' sciences much like with the exception of Bio-Psychology psychology and sociology have feuded with physical scientists for centuries.
Here's an example:
Charles Darwin's Theory of Evolution V Social Darwinism: The theory of evolution contends with natural selection (the natural processes that challenges an individual's and group's ability to adapt to adversity and reproduce successfully at the same time) while Social Darwinism contends with unnatural selection (The processes directed and intervened by people aimed to create a desired outcome such as optimal sustainable population, genetic purity, and otherwise gender focus reproduction such as males V females born).
Scientific Theory contends with complex systems. Theories do expand upon various scientific laws, but these are expanded beyond scientific laws themselves. This is why scientific theories are not considered laws, and they are not centered upon truth or fact as theories are tentative observations backed by massive amounts of experimentation and technological development enabling understanding of the world. Scientific facts references merely mean that those theories have successfully managed to remain unsuccessfully challenged through time, technological development, and etc.
Posted by Seen on 11/05/12 03:06 AM
Before I get to the heart of the article, I am compelled to disagree with a part of this article.
"Oil is also likely abiotic, produced by geological forces. "Empty" wells keep filling back up."
0). Abiotic premise is that oil isn't a fossil fuel at all as it is derived by carbon life forms. This makes a similar flaw to the Expanding Earth Hypothesis as it ignores Subduction that is caused by less dense being pushed above more dense crusts at the Convergent Plate Boundaries. It also doesn't even take into account that plate boundaries are not fixed locations as they change over time as compositional changes occur. Subduction doesn't just drag under the crust; it drags down the ocean water and then some. The ocean floor is made up by majority plankton, and plankton is a small carbon/fossil organism. Peak Oil is a false meme because Plate Tectonics continually drags water and deceased plankton under the Continental Crust that aids in creating the gases that help magma push its way to the surface. People tend to forget that ocean sediment throughout time is largely carbon organisms.
Onto the heart of the article:
"If one accepts finally that most if not all modern wars are created for purposes of further globalist manipulation, then one comes face to face with the heart of the matter: The power elite trades in life and death and is not at all afraid to add to the total. Apparently they welcome the opportunity.
Does this sound overly conspiratorial, dear reader, or even plain loony?"
Nope. Unfortunately, this is in itself a meme. People tend to want to believe that in this era and encouraged to do so other people particularly in power are not as sociopathic and psychotic as Hitler, Mao, and Stalin, but the truth is such people do exist in our society. Sadly, this ignores history and measurable actions.
"The sociopaths who run the world via central banking have a long history of contempt apparently for those whom they consider to be their charges. The elites use another dominant social theme as well for control - the ultimate one of life and death."
"In fact, the scarcity themes that the elites use to frighten people into giving up power and wealth to globalist solutions are the building blocks of human life: food, water, air and energy."
It's really simple. Convince the masses/governed to grant control of every pillar of civilization and then convince them to grant control over life and death, these combined grant the 'rulers' alleged godlike powers, and they also lose any capacity of being held accountable as a consequence as well as they can threaten to kick out the pillars should the governed gets too 'dissident'.
"First, they loudly proclaim a crisis and then they do their damnedest to create it."
Institutions always seek to preserve their justifications as well as enhance them. It never fails because people would otherwise seek to reduce its influences if there's a way to create and then maximize a problem; it'll go for it.
Reply from The Daily Bell
OK, Seen, you're right ... It's all just a "coincidence."
Posted by Danny B on 11/02/12 11:05 AM
Craig, evidently the Chinese are aware of the Western and Australian desire to limit their numbers. Loudon said that China has given OZ an ultimatum on who they were going to turn to for protection.
Click to view link
China has been doing a lot of strategic moves to control maritime routes.
Click to view link
OZ is a long way from America.
Reply from The Daily Bell
C'mon Danny B. - you believe this stuff? You also said you believe in "social credit." Of course, 90 percent of what you link to is great ....
Posted by zliker on 11/02/12 10:11 AM
One more brilliant article from DB. Thank you!
Does this sound overly conspiratorial, dear reader, or even plain loony?
No, it is our reality and it is a conspiracy but not a theory anymore. We can call it conspiratorial reality... For instance. Here in Croatia people still have access to high quality food though milk industry is falling apart because french Lactalis is importing huge ammounts of milk powder, destroying small farmers who are not allowed to sell their raw milk on much lower prices due to "food safety" and tax bullshit issues. Also, i have noticed a media campaing convincing young people to abandon rural parts of the land and agriculture. They want us all in mega cities using digital currency i guess. Indeed: IT IS BECOMING DEADLY SERIOUS!
Henry Kissinger sad: "He who controls the food, controls the people". But than again, it is also written: "Man shall not live by bread alone... "
Reply from The Daily Bell
Thanks for the report, Zliker.
Posted by Craig on 11/02/12 03:15 AM
Well an Australian Noble peace winner was an advocate of biological weapons to control the yellow hordes population, via human and food crop pests and diseases, so cutting the food chain and Astatic population. Better then having to fight I guess. This did not eventuate though, or is it yet?
Click to view link
My grandfather gave me this little peace of wisdom on kings, Queens and governments that rule, "The King that rules, is the King who killed the most people.". It's true to this day, it includes governments or possible world governments, if the UN is anything to go by...
Apart from that the Irish potato famine, which was also the Scottish Highland potato famine, including the Scottish Highland clearances. This was a brutal but effective empire building event, as of today there are 80 million Irish and 100 million Scottish peoples in the Diaspora. My ancestors displaced many indigenous of the new world, but with out the empathy, and compassion of my ancestors many of the indigenous of today would not be here.
Posted by Danny B on 11/01/12 09:16 PM
Oh Great Bell, here is an interesting article on food as a weapon.
Click to view link
Strangely enough, it doesn't mention Great Britain as causing any famines. It also doesn't mention American caused famines aimed at the Amerinds.
The article has a lot of links that make interesting reading.
This is from one of the links;
"Dr. Henry Kissinger proposed in his memorandum to the NSC that "depopulation should be the highest priority of U.S. foreign policy towards the Third World."
Click to view link
Also from the same article;
"(t)he U.S. economy will require large and increasing amounts of minerals from abroad, especially from less-developed countries .."
In light of this, it becomes obvious why we sent a Rhodes (Cecil Rhodes) scholar to dismantle apartheid in South Africa. We knew that it would fall apart. South Africa has the richest (mineral) plum of them all.
Click to view link
Moving on; there have been recent executive orders.
"conditioning process designed to get all U.S. citizens used to the idea that the government owns all food and food production.
"The most clever aspect of this EO is that no Hegelian Dialectic (i.e., false flag event) is needed as a pretense to seize food and imperil survivability. Section 201(b) of the Obama EO clearly states that this EO is enforceable under both emergency and non-emergency conditions.'
But, do NOT worry. GOV has thought of everything.
Click here to read the full document entitled FM 3-39.40 Internment and Resettlement Operations.
Click to view link
So, what would set this off? This is an interesting page speculating that the FED is loading up on ALL the toxic paper in preparation for a default of the FED. This would cleanse the banks. Several aspects of this paper DO make sense.
Click to view link
A bank holiday would cut off purchases by everyone who didn't have cash in hand.